Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My heart is troubled

I see so many needs in this world and so little time. It is comforting to see the grace of God at work in our world, and the great news is that He is coming soon to take us home. The great news is that we are His children.

The realization of my own selfishness has been quite startling to me. I would like to be radical and go out to see the dreams in my heart come true. But not out of selfishness or for vain glory.

It would be better then for me to stay in my own country, rather than go out to another with vain ideas. The problems that we see here are startling. The truth is that God's grace is not selfish. God's grace is given freely to all regardless of our human stipulations.

What kind of stipulations do we put on grace?

Do we give grace EXCEPT for when it means injustice? Maybe we can give grace except for when we have been offended?

Can we give grace except when it is admitting our own imperfection?

Can we give grace except when it may mean temporary failure?

Can we give grace except when it is just taking TOO long or it is the VERY last straw?

What kind of grace does Christ give? and... are we, or are we not His imitators?

1 comment: