Saturday, October 23, 2010

Love

I love a lot of things about God and I could never end being grateful for the intimate relationship that I have been allowed to enjoy with Him.  He is my Creator and yet He is on my level.  He is SO FAR ABOVE us, and has galaxies of control and knowledge, yet He takes the care to hear even my whispers and reach out to me.

I love my sisters and how God has given me them as treasures.  Rachel brings treasure in her speech and obviously lives with passion, Sarah touches my heart with her smile and her lifestyle preaches to me, teaches me.God blessed me richly.  We are connected, my sisters and I with greatness.  Greatness in our character and integrity, greatness in our passion for truth and service. 

I love the fact that God allowed us to each grow towards him, and that we three have something special and different than others.

Being God's favorites, what can I say?  Its obvious that His love envelopes us and directs our steps.  Its obvious how He has protected me, watching over me and picked me up when I have fallen down.

I love the fact that God gave me humble, delightful, fun, honoring, patient, providing parents.  My mom listened and had great compassion on me when I suffered heart aches in grade school, and she made the absolute best choco. chip cookies.  She bought gifts that had special meaning in them, and let me sit on her lap even when I was way too big for her.  hahaha.  My dad provided us with everythiing to a fault.  He made wise financial decisions that enabled him to help us through college.  He taught us to pray and to read God's word and had devotions with us every night, ever patient with our giggling at the wrong moments.  He disciplined us when we disobeyed, told us we couldn't date until we were 35.  (Only 7 more years and then i can start dating hahaha).  One night he gave me such geat encouragement.  I was confused and discouraged at that moment, and I asked him why he never gave me his opinion about men to which He responded, "Joanna, No guy is good enough for you in the eyes of your Father."  He is the most amazing counselor and friend and example.

Why would God be so good to me with all these wonderful gifts?  And I could go on about the wonderful friends he has given me and the beautiful cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncles, who have all made their mark on my life. 

God gave me all these blessings just to tell me through each one that He loved me. 

God teaches us through his Holy Scriptures that GOD IS LOVE. 

well... I am so thankful becuase without Him, what would I have?  I LOVE YOU FATHER GOD!!!  THANK YOU!!!!

Happy Sabbath day to all.  Peace and love and may you UNDERSTAND and EXPERIENCE the fullness of His love towards you as well.

This is His day.  Bring honor due him. 

No comments: