Monday, October 8, 2007

SILENT RETREAT

Into the silence I went for a very short time on Saturday through Sunday. God met me there.



I've found a quiet peaceful spot
Where all life's trouble
I threw away and soon forgot
Where nature alone is


Become my best friend
The still voice of God
Rustles 'n chirps here
In pure simple bliss


Why must I go back
So quickly it seems
Where life's complicating
And tries to drown me

Deeper the waters swish
Complexity pulls me under
Away from the serenity
In the sweetness of nature


Oh Do not forget, Love
My beloved softly whispers
Right here you can find me
In the soft voice of nature


And when you feel threatened
Silently, He thunders
Your lover is here, sweets
Beneath Noise's murmur


I'm here...I love you...I'm here



There is no greater way to experience God's love and hear His voice than to get away and devote specific time with him. Its like a special treasure. Its amazing the things God will show you when you really get away from distractions and rest with him.


I hope I can do this again soon!


The Bible teaches clearly, "Do not be anxious for anything, but in everything, with prayer, supplications, and with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God." (Phil. 4:8)


It is easy to get all worried about things, but when we ask God, He will show us what to do. It is not always easy, but it is a wise man or woman who heeds the Lord's discipline...given because of His love. His provision is more than enough for us!


May His grace and love continue to abound to you!

No comments: