Monday, September 14, 2009

Values and Investments

What are those things that you value most?

I have been thinking about what is most valuable to me, and how those things have had to come under the cross.

Paul says some encouraging things. He says to the Macedonians, that Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity.

I think sometimes we let life become so complicated. I do anyway.

I was reading some stuff defining limits in your life. Life is full of investments.

We constantly make investments of time, money, people. All of these are very important. I have been re-evaluating my investments and how they show a picture about who I am.

Are the investments I am making an accurate picture of what my core values are? It is too easy to just live according to the needs of everyone around you, and according to the pressures around us, when Christ says we are to walk the straight and narrow way.

He says "Enter the narrow gate," he says that "Wide is the road to destruction and there are many on it..." "But narrow is the road that leads to life, and there are few who find it."

Of course there are basic needs that must be considered in a fair evaluation of one's values.

If you do not value sleep, you will probably not be well rested or as effective. Sleep is an important value.

If you do not value food, You may make all the wrong choices and end up still hungry, unsatisfied and malnourished because you are eating poorly.

Those are two givens: FOOD AND REST.

Then you have other values that are going to be important for you.

I value giving very much. It is a very important thing to me to give of myself and to give quality. I have learned that the more that I can invest in saving... the more I will be able to give. Thus saving is also important for me.

These are principles that I have learned recently to re-evaluate and focus to realize what causes me to behave the way I do, and what areas I have been suffering.

Many of our sufferings and confusion can come from displaced values or lack of them. I believe that focusing on core values is something that will bring clarity to many areas of my life.

I am so happy that God has revealed this to me, and used some great friends to help me. I had heard their story more than once before, yet this time, somehow, a different light went off and I learned something I had not previously caught on to.

I hope reading this, you as well, will begin to think about what are the things most important to you, and evaluate how you have aligned your life in such a way as to match up with those things.

Paying attention to yourself is important.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.