Monday, November 26, 2007

November: A Month Long Remembered

Amidst all the bustle of the holidays, my bustle is different than yours.

You see, I received some very special news on November 22nd 2007. After having an extremely successful Spaghetti Luncheon where I made a profit of $369.00 and received a check from Lebanon Lutheran Church for $500, I found out that all I had left to raise was $152 dollars per month for my trip!!!

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for His love endures forever!"

These past few weeks have been so crazy, but here is a little cue as to how it went.

November 11th: I preached at Mora Assembly of God, and was blessed very generously by Pastor Jim Paydon and his congregation with $500!

November 13th: My last day working for Lunds and Byerly's was a mixture of tears and laughter. My heart has been thrilled to finally be making my goal as a missionary, but it will be sad to leave all of the friends I have acquired over the past 6 years at Sola Squeeze and in the Sign Shop.

November 18th: I had a Spaghetti Fundraiser at Lebanon Lutheran Church, which would not have been possible without the help of my dear friends, Emily Hanf, Mike Carver, Naomi Erickson, Rachel Finkenbinder, Pastor Russel Grigsby, Joanne and Beufah, from the church.

It was extremely successful. Praise God.

November 22nd: I added up all the offerings and promised support from the month of November so far, and realized that I have ALL my funds...yes you heard me... ALL my funds except for $25 per month committed. I realized that I am going to be ready to go on January 2nd! WOOHOO!

November 25th: I worshiped at Eden Prairie A/G where I spoke in two services about the work in Costa Rica and what God has done in me. They have an 8:30 am and an 11:00 am service there. I was blessed to receive a check which put me over and beyond my goal.

This month of November has been full of blessings. I give all glory to God who has made all of this possible!

Thanksgiving was incredible! I know that I have so much to praise the Lord about.

My grandmother, who is 90 years old, came to visit us for Thanksgiving and she has been an inspiration with her stories, words of wisdom and love. I am praying, perhaps rather selfishly, that God will give her many more years. I know she has lived a long fulfilling life, and that when she stands before God there will be many priceless treasures there for her. She has taught me so much.

I also had a great time with my sisters, Rachel and Sarah, who both live out of state. I am glad I will get to see them one more time for Christmas before I leave for Costa Rica. I will surely miss my family and friends very much. I am hoping that I can throw a party before I leave.

Don't ever stop believing God who is the keeper of your heart. My dreams are already coming true. Your dreams can come true as well. I praise God.

Love, Joanna

1 comment:

Dan said...

Joanna,

I am so thankful you are so close to getting everything raised! God's greatest blessings to you!

Pastor Dan Thompson