Tuesday, May 6, 2008

?Donde esta tu tesoro?

"Donde esta tu tesoro" means "Where is your treasure" and it is a song that I was using for a very special Sunday school that we had on Sunday, April 27th.

We worked so hard, and the kids absolutely loved it! I wrote the lesson about a special treasure from many years ago, and a family's discovery of the most important kind of treasure we have.

It was all in Spanish and it was so fun, but hard work! This Sunday we did something really special. We painted a HUGE ship on the outside of the classrooms and in three classrooms we had different cabins of the pirate ship. We drew anchors, bones, a skull, and gold of course as well as had a ship steering wheel and a map to find treasure.

The kids learned a verse in Proverbs 4:23 that says, "Above all things that you guard, guard your heart, for from it spring the waters of life."

It was a huge adventure for the kids, and alas, my lesson was more or less a success. I was so nervous about my Spanish, but they understood pretty well and I was impressed that they got the concept.

The concept was that we can be ambitious towards many things, but love and family are much more important.

Also, the Bible says that we should store up our treasure in heaven. When we devote our lives to helping out each other, we can find true joy and happiness, and this is the will of God. There is greater treasure than any one can buy in our love for one another.

My greatest treasure is found in God. I have the most intimate relationship with Him and His Spirit leads me into everything that is good and true. I couldn't ask for a better friend or leader.

I have found that God is devoted to me. He has hidden His treasure deep within me and is devoted to shaping and molding me in such a way that I experience Him fully.

I encourage all of my readers: Devote some time to seeking after this God. He will build your character and change your life. Lately He has been strengthening me in so many ways, and as I have been working doing things for others, I find He (God) is doing things for me! Incredible!

How true it is what He says in 1 John:
"This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us: and sent His Son to be a sacrifice for our sin."

Some one may ask why this needed to happen? But I can see how imperfect I am. I know that I am not worthy to inherit the kingdom of heaven, but for His love and His sacrifice,

I was made an heir of the kingdom of God!!! A child of a King!

?Donde esta tu tesoro? Where is your treasure?

2 comments:

Kyle and Sharon said...

Joanna!!! Hooray for you! Thank you for echoing Jesus' words to put our treasure in heaven! I love to hear it!! There is big news to share; however, it is not official. Looking forward to sharing w/ you!!

childofyah said...

Thanks Sharon. It is exciting to be able to be a part of God's work. I am so excited for you with your plans!!! whenever they get official be sure to let me know!