Friday, May 23, 2008

Who I am...

Just a little poem to begin with but turns into a bit more. not sure how correct it is, as I have reviewed it a few times now, and continually find errors with things I am saying here. Hahaha.. Just like me to overly analyze myself. :) But it is what it is... a reflection of sorts.

Who am I?

I will stop being defined by those around me

I am free to be who I was created to be

who is that? Lord won't you teach me?


I am being molded, shaped and changed

Moment after moment


Some steps are easy, others are hard,

But I find such beauty in getting to know



me.



Me. The one I have hidden from so long and denied

In efforts to be a better person, to serve others

I have lost my own desire

I have drowned out the sounds of my wild spirit

Trying to control with my hands what was

within me burning...within me bursting forth

The love.

Often rejected by the ways I express it, however embraced by the needy, lonely, hurting and rejected.



The cross.

I want to take my cross. I want to be His bride. He has promised to be my Saviour, and He has told me to need him. He has told me that it is okay for me to need Him and that none of my needs are too big for him. He has told me to stop hiding my needs and trying to live in such a way that it is impossible to live.





I can find peace.


Peace in knowing that He is my shelter and that He does not push me away. He does not regret loving me...EVER... and I can be sure and secure of His love. Because HE will never NEVER abandon me!!!





You who are with me...who also believe...we are the body of Christ. He died so that we might live. He is not willing for us to die, but has promised us life.





Eternal life.


What a word. Whatever unhappiness we had in our flesh, he has taken and given us joy and freedom. I like being able to dance like a baby.





Discipline.


My lack of it has bit me in the face, and caused me to feel yucky. Discipline is an important part of my daily life. An important part of what I do on the mission field. taking care of my physical body is also important for not only now, but the years to come. I believe that if I am to feel wholesome, I must take care of my body by eating right and excercising frequently.



These are all important things. Things I have not yet conquered control over. Areas in which I long to grow.



For it is in the deepest desires of my heart to be close to Jesus, who has delivered me from all evil and has held me up in His arms. He has protected me time and time again, when I have acted from my heart instead of my head.



We cannot deny the needs of the poor, the broken, the addicted, however Jesus has given us wisdom in how we approach their needs and it is my desire and passion to share the love of Jesus, although I might get dirty.

"Blessed are the poor in Spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven" Matt. 5:3

"Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the good news of the kingdom as well as healing every disease and sickness. When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, becuase they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, "The harves is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the Harves, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field." (Matt. 9:35-38)

God has been so good and I have endless accounts that I can share with you about things He has taught me. I will have to save another story for another day... but just ask my father. hahaha :)

With sincere love.
Joanna :)

No comments: