Wednesday, December 10, 2008

December in Costa Rica

A Costa Rican Christmas

Warm and windy
Streets buzzing with traffic
Coffee, milk and tea
Gallo pinto and Tamales

Long sleeves ward off
Chilly winds, and sunshine
Keeps away colds
Bright colors everywhere

Parties (too many)
New Years plans
Friends and family
Spreading love and cheer

The penniless lady
Her beautiful smile
Receives an inheritance
More rich than mine

A gem and a crown
Will be placed on her brow
She spreads wealth with me
As we eat together

Christmas cheer
Is not dead nor gone
In Costa Rica
We sing Christ's song

My time in December this year is only the first 19 days and I have been busy helping with camp registrations, phone calls and christmas newsletters, as well as different parties that signify very much networking.

About that penniless lady.  Her name is Zoila and I love her so much.  I have enjoyed getting to know her as I pass by San Pedro and stop and talk with her.  She sits there on the side of the sidewalk asking for money.  Pray for her.  She needs a miracle.  I want her to be especially blessed this Christmas.  She has especially blessed me.  

Well, better get back to that calling now actually.  One job down. . . one more to go.  

Take care everyone.  I'll be sure to get back to you in a few.  I have more to share!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.