Monday, December 15, 2008

Opportunity

Today I had the opportunity to share my faith with the sister of my landlord.  She is standing in his place while he is in Argentina, and we went together to the bank.  Afterwards, she treated me to coffee and we talked quite a while.

She was very sweet and motherly.  She reminded me not to go out on my own and she also went to the grocery store with me, and kindly assisted me in everything.  How difficult however for her to hear the gospel.  I am hoping for the opportunity to get to know her better, and I pray that God opens her eyes about works.  You see, when someone thinks their salvation depends on how hard they try to live correctly, they are sadly mistaken.  We cannot live perfect, which is the requirement of God.  Although it is wonderful to do our best and strive to make a difference in our world, without Jesus' sacrifice we would still be condemned.  

How beautiful however the promise that Jesus brought.  For he has promised that there is NO CONDEMNATION for those who BELIEVE IN CHRiST.  The reason is because He took the penalty of all the sins of the world upon his shoulders!  What great love! 

This lady talked about being religious, and just being who you are.  She seemed very taken with the idea that is very common these days.  This is the idea that if you are religious that is wonderful and if you are not religious that is fine too.  She would call me "religious."  However, I am not sure that it is an advantage to be considered religious, because misguided religion leads you more into slavery, rather than the freedom that God intended for His children.   

I am grateful for the possibilities God has brought to me through his mighty power.  How beautiful that we can chose to serve him.

What a beautiful and dear lady.  May God by His power and great love reach her heart.

Love you all!
Joanna Joy Finkenbinder :)

No comments: