Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Home for the Holidays

Right before leaving Costa Rica. . . I had an amazing time of prayer and fellowship with some special friends, and I praise God who has known all that I needed. It was very important and special to me.

I long for more time in his presence and have been finding myself diving into His Word hungry for more of His understanding and him in my life.

Being home for the holidays is great because I have stayed up late and slept until 10 every day since I've gotten here. It could potentially be a very stressful holiday with an aunt in the hospital, and a very complicated start to Christmas. We have floated from Christmas eve to the 26th to who knows? for when we will celebrate with the extended family. Thanks to God, I have learned how to be flexible and am also familiar with how things work.

We have figured out as of today, the 23rd, that we will have the extended family Christmas TOMORROW and at MY HOUSE. so . . .

as you can imagine, I have been busy cleaning and getting things ready. My parents are gone to finish their last minute purchases, which is kinda nice 'cause it gives me a chance to just pray and clean and not be distracted.

It was great to see church people on Sunday and catch up a bit with a couple of good friends, and I also got to make "arroz con pollo" for my family. They loved it! They liked it so much that I have offered to make it for our extended family Christmas party tomorrow, and my sisters get in tomorrow as well which I am very excited about!

My best friend Naomi came over and chilled with me on Sunday and we are planning to get together with a bunch of our girlfriends before I leave on January 3rd to come back home to Costa Rica.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas, and may God's presence surround you and protect you.

Te quiero mucho. Que el Senor les proteja y cuide con todo lo que hagan en este tiempo. Disfruten tiempo con su familias y nos vemos!

Love
me

No comments: