Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Let all be done in an act of love.

The Day of Atonement is a corporate day of repentance.  A day in which we recognize everything that has escaped us in the past year.  Acts of unrighteousness, unfaithfulness, or errors committed in our lives.

We, in the body of Messiah, recognize that his death paid the penalty.  He bore our sins upon him, and all forsook him in his hour of suffering.

He hung on the tree and bore everything, and we were helpless and weak.  The darkest hour of history in this moment in these hours that our Messiah hung there.  A penalty that I should have paid, for all the lawless things I have done.  The empty promises never fulfilled, the lack of faith, the cowardice, the rejection, the pride, stubborness, unbelief, shame, guilt, lies believed and lies told.

His victory over the grave ensures our victory with him, if we truly lay those things behind us.  Death of selfish desires and ambitions, in order to raise up to life everlasting.  Love of this world is not comparable to love for the kingdom.  Love for the kingdom means that I lift my eyes up, and work and live not for a worldly treasure but that there be great treasure in Him.

Materialism.  What stuff can I live without?  What things are keeping me from experiencing my lover in a deeper way?  He valiantly gave all to free me.  He delivered and set free.  He sent the oil of His Spirit and now I am overflowing with joy, with abundance.  What earthly thing would compare?

Yah saves, Yah lives and Yah will reign forever.  Yah gives love, desiring mercy over sacrifice, for sacrifice is only a demonstration of love.  Only out of abundance of love can come such sacrifice.  Halleluyah for Christ is mighty to save and loves perfectly.  :)

No comments: