Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Growing pains: Be a Christian not a manstian

There is something amazingly beautiful about the way that a new born baby grows. So quickly within a mother when it is conceived it begins to form different parts. It is important for that little babe's development that it gets the right kind of nourishment to thrive. The conscientious mother takes great pride and care in her little child with the nutrients that her baby needs to grow properly. When that baby is born it sleeps and sleeps and eats.

As the child grows, it needs plenty of sleep and proper nutrition to function well. The body is still changing and developing.

I have been a Christian more than 18 years, but sometimes I feel like that child. I still need the proper rest and nourishment as I grow.

This past week, I think my body needed a break with everything I was learning. I slept ALOT.

The things I was struggling with are not over, but I praise God because I know that I am growing. Hallelujah!!! It is good to be in His fellowship.

When a preteen is growing, many times there is pain involved as the limbs grow and different parts of the body develop. I feel like that pre-teen just developing and in the process I feel sore. There is no way that preteen wants to stay the same size and stop growing. They just don't like the pain. I have been thinking about how it is the same with our faith.

God is greater than our pain and our feelings. Without some of the experiences that I have passed, I would not have grown stronger, but through them, I have learned to be strong. I wouldn't trade it. I want to grow. I want my ears to be trained to hear his voice.

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests but also to the interests of others." Philippians 2:3-4

"Our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body." Philippians 3:20-21

There are so many good things here in the Word of God that lighten our path and teach us how we should go. As we permit God to work in our midst, He is making us more like Jesus, and I am grateful for that process because I know it will bring glory to His name!

Jesus Christ, receive the glory and honor for how I live my life! He is the one that I follow, not a man.

I am a Christian, not a manstian. lol.

Christian = Christ follower

Love you guys!

No comments: