Thursday, October 30, 2008

We are Finite, Human and God is Incomprehensible

As I am sitting here doing my devotions today and thinking about what I need to accomplish in the office, I suddenly felt quite embarrassed at the comforts which I enjoy.

Praise God for good friends, and last night I had a great time with another single missionary friend, Bethany. She was a great blessing, and I need to hang out with her more. We played a game and enjoyed making Christmas cookies.

So this morning, I was enjoying a Christmas cookie with my cup of coffee, as I played worship music, "Vengo A Adorarte" "Here I am to Worship" and read the Word of God in Isaiah.

The song begins to say, I'll never know how much it cost, to see my sins upon that cross... and they flashed pictures of the crucifixion as pictured by The Passion of Christ. Such emotion raised within me, that I did not want to look. I felt ...embarrassed... that I was sitting here eating a cookie and drinking coffee. I could hardly do that and think about what Jesus had done for me.

It hit me. How often do we turn away our faces from those beaten down on the streets? How often does the tragedy hit us, and we stuff it away, not wanting to deal with the ugliness of it? If we acted in compassion, perhaps we would do something, ANYTHING.

The Bible says in Isaiah, "The scoundrel's methods are wicked, he makes up evil schemes, to destroy the poor with lies, even when the plea of the needy is just

But the noble man makes noble plans, and by his noble deeds he stands."

Isaiah 32:7-8

Are we the noble man? Acting out in love and with nobility, by which our deeds will stand the consuming fire of judgment when Christ shall come in His glory? Or are we REJECTING the face of our brothers and sisters, who are of our own flesh and blood, because we do not want to be contaminated by their "dirtiness" and because it is too "dangerous" to help them? God help us!!!

We are truly a lost people who cannot even reach out our cursed human hands to touch those who have been abandoned... although we as Christians have been found.

My fellow Christians, I call upon you to remember from where we came. Remember that we are no different than those abandoned to their conditions but for the BLOOD OF CHRIST. Who RESCUED us from the grave and FOUND us when we were dirty. Had he considered us unloveable, we would still not be here?

My Father, Please help me, and all my friends to have wisdom in this day and every day. Please help me to reach out my hands to the one in the streets and greet him, giving honor to one who others ignore. Help me to touch those who are untouchable in my day and demonstrate the love of God that has transformed my life. Father, I pray for those abandoned onto the streets, who are held captive to the slavery of drugs, homelessness, abandonment, prostitution, alcoholism. Father, please, teach your servants how to make an impact to these for I know that your Word shows that they are worthy of the Kingdom of Heaven, and that they without home or love, have been loved by you and are worthy to receive adoption into your Home forever because you paid their entrance with your very blood. You have made a blood pact with humankind and have won us back if we will join in this covenant with you.

JESUS WE NEED YOU. Who can understand?

I love you! have a great day.

No comments: