Thursday, October 16, 2008

These last couple months of the year are looking like a busy (and cold) time of the year here in Costa Rica.

As we work to get everything ready for the Pastor´s Kids camp coming up in two short months, I am at work making phone calls with a goal of 80 calls per day. Well, that is my goal, up to date I have not quite reached that goal, but I want to get to everyone as soon as possible so that every young person receives equal chance and opportunity to get their money and camp registration form in the office on time.

Besides that, Jhonatan Salas and his team are working on camp activities and design. It is incredible everything it takes to make this camp go off a success. It is fun!

Yesterday, October 15, I visited at four different Piedad schools which are located in poor neighborhoods around Costa Rica with the goal of giving Christian education to their students. My purpose was to visit the English classes and access their needs. It was an incredible experience, and I look forward to visiting at Linda Vista this next Wednesday. To be a teacher in this kind of school takes love and patience. They are not paid superior, but they work because of their love for the kids, however, many times these schools lose their English teachers to better paying jobs. Please pray for Latin American ChildCare when it enters your mind. Pray that God will continue to do His work in these kids lives and that we will be able to continue being a part of their education, which is SO important.

As it rains and rains and RAINS some more, I give thanks to my heavenly Father, because this rain has made Costa Rica a beautiful land full of many plants and rich soil. It has been a great blessing to Costa Rica to be able to export fruits and vegetables and coffee. Without the plentiful rain, we would not have those blessings here. However this is also the season of head colds, allergies, mold, and ¨I wanna stay in bed¨syndrome. So please pray with me for the health of our missionaries and pastors, as well as an extra strength, super natural motivation.

Next Friday, I will be speaking at a church in Torre Molinos about relationships and purity to the women´s ministry in the church. I am very excited!

On a more personal note:
I have been developing relationships here in Costa Rica relatively easy, but sometimes I find areas that make me uncomfortable, primarily because of cultural concepts and differences. God has been good to me and helped me!
I have also come to face some of my weaknesses and had to humbly ask the Lord´s forgiveness and correction another time. God has been strengthening me and directing me, but I continue to seek his direction as I look at what he has for me in the ministry in the future.

THANK YOU for reading and for thinking of me!!!

You are loved: each one of you!!!

1 comment:

Pablo Vargas said...

Hola! Bienvenida a Costa Rica! Espero que lo pases de lo mejor. Un gusto leer tu blog, super interesante!