Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Amazing Maker

“Mas yo esperaré siempre, y te alabaré mas y mas. Mi boca publicará tu justicia y tus hechos de salvación todo el día, aunque no se su número. Vendré a los hechos poderosos de Jehová el Señor; haré memoria de tu justicia, de la tuya sola.” Salmos 71: 14-16

“But I will always hope, and I will praise to you more and more. My mouth will publish your justice and your acts of salvation all day long, although I do not know the exact number. I will proclaim the powerful works of the Lord Jehovah; I will make memory of your justice, yours alone.” Psalms 71: 14-16

I want to share with you all the incredible things the Lord has shown me this past week. On Friday morning, September 26th, I left with a team of six people for the province of Guanacaste. We went to the capital Liberia, in a neighborhood called Nazaret. We were about 2 hours away from the Nicaragua border.

The missionaries I went with, Paul and Karla Weis, are the current Area Directors in Costa Rica, and will be moving to work stateside in December. They have had a strong outreach throughout Costa Rica workintg with the drama, Heaven's Gates, Hell's Flames.

The impact of this drama brings all who view it to take a good look at life and death, along with their options for a heart at peace and eternity secure. It is very good.

I would like to testify to the greatness of my Lord. We saw many of the people in this town delivered from illness, suffering, unforgiveness and many other things.

There was an epileptic boy named Tony who I believe God has healed and more importantly I saw the change on his face as he asked Jesus to reign in his life and become his guide. His whole face lit up and his smile now began to reach his eyes in place of the stare that before watched me.
The ministers that were on our team watched as a teenager named Gabriel decided to embrace Christ in place of the wounds from his past and home, and there was an amazing transformation in his face as well. He also took immediate steps of leadership, demonstrating love and joy which only comes from the power of the Spirit of God.

I was amazed. In the course of three nights, 4 presentations, and much hard work, 185 young people and adults gave their hearts and lives to Jesus for the first time as well as over 25 recommitments. There were also many testimonies of people who went home and there gave their hearts to Christ as well as many children. The number I do not know for sure of these.

God is amazing. I was also personally encouraged.

The amount of things I could tell you is endless. I returned yesterday, Wednesday, October 1st, with sunburn (we visited three beaches on Tuesday before our final presentation . . . I brought home TONS of pretty sea shells...so exciting!) . . . and my heart FULL. God has been so good to me.

There are about 10 little kids that I now have in my prayers, several teenagers, and a few priceless mothers.

I hope to return to Liberia, Guanacaste in this next year and spend time reaching out to these beautiful people.

Please remember them in prayer with me as so many of them battle in a neighborhood full of witchcraft, drugs, and poverty. Even though there is a beautiful tourist area about an hour away, the people in this neighborhood are struggling against things much greater. The love in their hearts was obvious as we left.

A little ring that a precious child gave me with glowing eyes begging me to return, the shy beautiful teenager who gave me chocolate and smiled with gratitude and the mother all of them embracing us. They even did a break dance presentation before we left wanting to show us appreciation, and as we applauded for them, they applauded for us and said, no... the applause is for you.

These memories are cherished, but the one we really honor is not ourselves, for the one who did all these things, is our Heavenly Father.

Who loved us so much that he made all of this Joy and Love possible. It is incredible!!!

Te quiero mucho! y que Dios los bendiga mas cada dia!
I love you lots! and may God bless you more every day!

OH.... Becky!!! Congratulations on your engagement! i am so happy for you!!!!!!

Your sister, daughter, friend.

2 comments:

Kyle and Sharon said...

My follower...you've come over to the lovely blue side of the blog world! Glad to see the new post!

childofyah said...

Hi Sharon. :) My page might be changing again too, I am getting help trying to make it look better from a friend.

Love ya!